The 2021 Mahwah Rec Soccer camps (spring break and summer camps) will be held at Continental Soldier's Field. The times vary, so check the registration times to be sure. All camps run Monday through Friday. To help ensure everyone's health and safety, we (TMYSB) have enacted the following policies and procedures for the camp.
- Participants will be dropped off at Continental Soldier's Field, no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of camp, please. Camp check-in will be at the picnic tables (near the playground area). Please bring your child there daily for check-in and temperature screening.
- Participants will be given daily no-contact temperature checks. Anyone with a temp of 100 or higher will not be permitted to play (as per CDC recommendations that the TMYSB organization has adopted). TMYSB has purchased no-contact thermometers to enable the daily checks.
- Participants must bring their own soccer balls, shin guards, snacks, water (and if applicable sun block). All items should be labeled clearly, so that everyone knows whose items are whose. Sharing of water, soccer balls, equipment, and masks will not be permitted. All items left at the field will be discarded. The preferred soccer ball size for your child depends on their age: 11 and under: size 4 ball, over 11 years: size 5 ball.
- We expect to be breaking up the campers by similar age groups for training and also to help maintain overall social distancing. Group formation is left to the trainers. Usually this is based on camper age, and also to balance the size of each group taking into account the number of trainers per group.
- Parents / guardians do not need to remain at the field during the camp, but are asked to arrive for drop off and pick up promptly (camp times vary, please be sure you know your start and end times!). If you do remain, please stay outside of the artificial surface area to support social distancing and allow the trainers to utilize all field areas as they wish.
- Participants of the camp will need to be dismissed from the camp near the picnic tables for pick up at the conclusion of the camp.
- Soccer is played in the rain! In the event of heavy rain or thunderstorms/lightning, the camp will take cover near the picnic tables and wait 30 minutes in an attempt to resume play. If the camp day needs to end early, trainers will make every effort to contact parents as needed (they will have the registration information). However, it helps if you keep an eye on the weather as well!